SHREE SARASWATI EDUCATION SANSTHANS
GROUP OF INSTITUTION
GROUP OF INSTITUTION
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
AT&PO.: RAJPUR, TA: KADI, DIST: MEHSANA
Subject: System Programming(730201)LAB Hours :- 4 per week.
Practical marks:- 20 Marks
VIVA/Practical:- 80 Marks
The practical list of your System Programming Subject is below.
You should have to run all this program during you LAB sessions.
Totally Practically subject.
Kernel Mode Programming
1. Write a program to print "Hello World" in kernel mode in linux.
2. Create 5 children processes from a common parent and ensure that the
parent terminates after cleaning all the terminated children using waitpid().
The waitpid() must be called after all the children are created
and the parent has completed its work real work,if any.
3.Create 5 processes but not from the common parent. Meaning, each child
creates a new process. cleanup the children using waitpid().
4. Create a child process and compile any of programs in the child process.
Parent process must use waitpid() to collect the termination status of
the child process and print a message accordingly to the user.
Creating a simple tcp server to echo response based on set of questions.
a. Build a server that will have a list of questions that it will understand.
If a client asks a question that it understands then it will give the response that is strored for the question.
If a question is not present then the server responds with "Unknown question".
b. Build a client that will connect to the server
Create a console interface that the user can use to ask questions
The client will take the question and send it to the server
On receiving the response from the server the client will display the response to the user.
+--- Client -----> TCP Server
+--- Client <----- TCP Server
Create a simple command execution echo server
a. Create a UDP client that will send out linux shell commands to the UDP server
The client will read the commands from the console and send it out to the server
b. The UDP server will accept data from the client, execute the command on the server
and respond back with the results to the client.
c. The client on receiving the response from the server will display the results to the user.
User Linux Command
+--- Client -----> UDP Server
+--- Client <----- UDP Server
Server Command exeution Response
Communication between two processes
+-- child 1
+-- child 2
Parent to child communication and child to child communication
Following command to be implemented on the parent:
a. create <child name>
ex. create child1
b. send <child name> data
ex. send child1 "data"
c. forward <child 1> <child 2> data
ex. forward child2 child1 "data"
(forward data from parent to child 2 via child 1.
The assignment should use pipe and fork system call for the implementation.
Design and Implementation of system Tools
Study and Configuration of cluster computing model
Installation and configuration of network Simulator
Simulation of various protocols on network simulator
Study and Configuration of Various Servers
1. Configure an SSH server with access limited to the local network. Create local users named katie and dickens. Limit SSH access on that server only to user katie.
2. Configure a Samba server. Share a directory named /food with user dickens. Share a second directory named /book limited to users tim and stephanie.
3. Set up a vsFTP server with access limited to the server1.example.com and the physical host system.
4. Set up a local NTP server, accessible to the local network.
5. Configure an NFS server to share the /home directory only with the physical host system.
You have to perform this five practical during your LAB sessions of System Programming.